After running the migration job, pre migration checks completed successfully, but Families, Roles and/or Competencies did not migrate to JPB.
When running the Check Tool for Job Profile Builder, there are issues for each of these objects, but the error message is not clear:
"Export error details for the MigrateToNewJDMJob from the Monitor Job tool."
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Job Profile Builder
- SAP SuccessFactors Job Description Manager
Reproducing the Issue
- Run the migration job in the back-end;
- See that the pre migration checks complete successfully;
- See that the migration from JDM to JPB might either complete successfully as well and the post migration checks fail, or you might get an "Exception occurred while running JDM JPB migration" message for the JDM to JPB migration;
- Now log into the affected environment;
- Go to Check Tool > Job Profile Builder;
- See that there are issues in the "Job Description Manager to Job Profile Builder Migration" section (please note that you might get errors in all three checks or in specific ones - just Families and Roles, or just Families and Competencies, etc.);
- Click on the "Result" link and see that the "Proposed Solution" instructs you to "Export error details for the MigrateToNewJDMJob from the Monitor Job tool.";
- So, navigate to "Monitor Job";
- Find the "JDM_MIGRATE_OLD_DATA_TO_NEW_" job;
- Download its status and see that it is empty:
This is a known issue, in which our Engineering Team is already working.
As soon as there are news about its root cause and planned fix, this article will be updated.
Migation, JDM, JPB, Job Description Manager, Job Profile Builder, Issue, Error, Problem, Didn't Complete, Fail, Failed, Check Tool, JDM Old to New Sync Job. , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , LOD-SF-EP-JDM , Job Description Manager , Problem