The View Data XML button is disabled in the Output History of an Invoice and you are not able to download the XML.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Open Invoice XYZ and select View All button (XYZ represents the invoice ID).
- Navigate to the Output History tab.
- Button View Data XML not active, hence form cannot be printed.
- Output channel for the Account ABC of the invoice is Internal EDX (ABC represents the Account ID used in the invoice).
The Output Channel used for this Output Document is XML.
When the output channel is not XML then a PDF document is generated and sent to either printer/email/fax. The "View Data XML" opens the xml that is the source of the PDF.
However in the case of xml this is not done and the data relevant for output is sent across to the recipient via A2A/A2X . If the recipient is outside of ByD system then
depending on the communication arrangement the xml is sent to the recipient whereas in case of internal recipient like a supplier invoice it is sent via A2A message.
Hence the button "View Data XML" is grayed out for XML output channel and enabled for others.
You can only download the XML via the View Data XML is the Output Channel in not XML and a PDF file was created as an Output Document.
greyed out; grayed out; XML; Download; Invoice , KBA , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , Problem