- Build a page filter based on the Waterfall chart's primary dimension where the Waterfall Variance is switched on:
- when 2 members are selected in the page filter => OK
- if the member selection should be changed in the page filter => Variance Waterfall will be switched off.
- A Variance Waterfall shows comparison values between dimension members. By changing the member selection in the page filter, this comparison will be lost and the variance waterfall will be switched off.
- Expectation => the Variance Waterfall should be switched on automatically, after the new members for comparison have been selected.
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAC and open the story with Waterfall chart.
- Switch to Edit mode and check the settings for the Waterfall chart: Edit - Designer - Builder
- More measures are selected
- Dimension: [Primary dimension]
- Filter: e.g. [Version] filtered on "Actual"
- Properties - Variance Waterfall => On
- Waterfall variance is defined
- The selection of the version is handled by a Group (Page) filter: [Primary dimension] filtered on two members
- After deselecting one version in order to select and compare another version, the waterfall chart loses the “Variance Waterfall”- Property => turned Off
- The only way to enable again the property is, to open the Builder and activate it again.
- This behavior is by design.
- Variance waterfall is turned off when the query result returns and there is only root node for the primary dimension.
- The toggle is only auto set to on/off when there is 1 measure with multiple root nodes for the 1st dimension with.
- expand (not on 1st root node).
- 2nd dimension.
- Please, open an enhancement request for the topic per KBA 2424376 - How to create an enhancement request for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Please, review and vote for it, that you wish to support and plan to take advantage of in your organization. Note: You will be notified on updates regarding ideas you have voted for.
This document and SAP‘s strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.
This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 1515837 - How To: Enhancement Request Process using the Customer Influence and Adopt site
- 2424376 - How to create an enhancement request for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem