When Looking at a Job Code under Manage Job Profile Content, a number of positions is displayed as mapped to it, but when clicking on the number, less positions are displayed.
SAP SuccessFactors Job Profile Builder
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Job Profile Content;
- Setup Families and Roles;
- Open a Role;
- See that it shows a number of positions Positions;
- Now click on this number and see that it shows less positions in the list;
- Find this Position under Manage Data and see that it is correctly mapped to the Job Classification;
- Export the Position Extension object for that Job Classification and see that it shows fewer positions than the ones that are mapped to the Job Code.
Please note that this issue also impacts creation of Job Profiles and Job Requisitions.
While updating the role entity, the system fires an event which is consumed by a subscriber and that subscriber takes care of updating the position extension object.
Now, for some customer instances, the event is not getting consumed by the subscriber, which is why the position extension objects are not syncing.
The following workaround is available:
- Go to "Import and Export Data";
- Select "Export" from the drop down list;
- Select "Role - Job Codes";
- Click on "Export";
- Go to "Monitor Job" and download the exported job response;
- Extract the Role-Job Codes.csv from the .zip file and find the affected Job Codes on it;
- Add "Delimit" in column "A" for all the affected Job Codes;
- Save the updated file and convert it into a new zip file (following the extracted .zip as reference);
- Go back to "Import and Export Data";
- Import the updated file;
- Wait until the job completes and confirm that the Job Codes were removed from the Roles;
- After that, go to "Import and Export Data" and import the file that was downloaded on step 3 (no changes made);
- Go to "Manage Job Profile Content" and check if the Job Codes were added back to the concerning Roles and check if the number of Positions will start displaying properly.
If not, kindly enable the Intelligent Services feature.
For reference on this topic, as well as the steps on how to enable it, please see KBAs:
- 2338227 - How to Enable Intelligent Services and Additional Troubleshooting Content
- 2599403 - Enable Intelligent Services Centre using the Upgrade Centre(ISC)
Please note that Engineering Team continue to work on a permanent fix for this issue, and that this article will be updated as soon as there are more information about that.
Position mapping, Job Classification, Job Code Position, Position Extension, Number, Missing, Few, Fewer, Lack, 0 Positions, Job Requisition, Job Code, Job Profile, sf , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Known Error