- Large PDF file.
- Exporting a report with charts to PDF generates a large file.
- When exporting a report that contains charts to PDF format, Crystal Reports generates a large PDF file.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report that contains charts.
- Export the report to PDF format.
- Notice the PDF file size is larger than expected.
- The charts on the report are formatted to use gradient color, which requires more PDF tags, and therefore generates a larger PDF file.
- To reduce the file size when exporting a report to PDF, format the chart to use solid color:
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Depending on the chart type, perform the following step:
- For a bar Bar chart, right click on a bar, and select "Format Series Riser..."
- For an Area chart, right click on an area, and select "Format Series Riser..."
- For a Pie chart, right click on Pie Slice, and select "Format Pie Slice..."
CR, PDF, xport , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020