You have activated the scoping element 'Sell Consignment Products' in your Business Configuration, but when you go to the Inbound Logistics work center, you cannot find the ‘New Custodian Goods Return Notification' common task.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks and find ‘New Custodian Goods Return Notification'.
- You can see this Common Task is not available.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and then to the Implementation Projects.
- Select the relevant Implementation Project and click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to 3 Scoping phase and check if 'Sell Consignment Products' is scoped.
- You can see this is scoped.
- You can also see 'You will be able to sell products from your consignment stock.' is also scoped in the 4 Questions phase.
You have not scoped 'Spare Parts Handling'.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Find and select the relevant Implementation Project.
- Click the Edit Project Scope and navigate to '3 Scoping' phase.
- Expand the Scoping Element Service.
- Select and expand 'Product and Service Portfolio for Service and Repair' (ensure that this Element is scoped, else you will not be able to activate the following points).
- Select 'Spare Parts Handling' and select the checkbox to activate it.
- Click Next to go to the '4 Questions' phase.
- Expand Service.
- Expand Service and Repair.
- Select 'Spare Parts Handling'.
- Under Group: Service Order Processing with Spare Parts (4), ensure to activate the Question: Do you deliver spare parts to the customer directly from your own warehouse before the engineer arrives to execute a service?
- Save your changes.
Please note: You may have to log out of the system and logon back to have the changes take effect.
Blog post: Customer Consignment
New Custodian Goods Return Notification, Spare Parts Handling, Product and Service Portfolio for Service and Repair, customer consignment , KBA , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , How To