- You are posting goods receipt against Purchase Order 1 (1 represents the Purchase Order's ID) and the automatically proposed target Logistics Area for the product ABC (ABC represents the ID of the product) is XYZ (XYZ represents the Logistics Area's ID).
- In the Material Flow Rules for the respective Site you have maintained Put-Away Strategy: Last PutAway for the Destination rule.
- As you have already received partial quantities of the product ABC with the same Purchase Order 1, where the target Logistics Area had been manually changed to DEF (DEF represents another Logistics Area's ID), you expect that now the proposed target Logistics Area will be again DEF (based on the maintained Put-Away Strategy). However, this is not the case.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work centre Inbound Logistics.
- Select the Purchase Orders view.
- Search for the Purchase Order 1.
- Click on Post Goods Receipt.
Result: The proposed target Logistics Area is different than the one you would like to use.
The reason for the expected Logistics Area not being automatically proposed by the system is because of the respective Inspection Plan.
For the Purchase Order 1, the corresponding Inspection Plan does not have the "Inspection Stock" field selected. Only when this field is marked as "Separation by Logistics Area" the system will search for a Logistics Area with Logistics Use set as Inspection (which is the case for DEF), otherwise the default Logistics Area usage maintained in the Logistics Model is taken into account.
This is the expected behaviour.
You need to select the "Separation by Logistics Area" option for the field "Inspection Stock" in the respective Inspection Plan.
post goods receipt, target LoA, logistics area, last put away, putaway , KBA , AP-SLP-REQ , Site Logistics Request , Problem