You can select a Milestone from the applied project for the Invoice Schedule.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order Work Center, Sales Order View
- Open Sales Order ABC (where ABC stands for the sales order)
- Navigate to Pricing and Invoicing tab, Invoice Schedule subtab
- Add Milestone EFG (where EFG stands for the milestone)
- You can see Invoice date is dd.mm.yyyy (where dd.mm.yyyy represents the date)
If you create an order item for a service (item type Service - fixed price (project) ) such as a project–based software implementation, you can select a Milestone from the applied project for the Invoice Schedule.
Then the Invoice Date gets the date of the milestone (Earliest Date of the Scheduled Dates). In this case, completion of the milestone triggers the creation of the project invoice request.
Until the milestone is reached, the invoice schedule shows the planned milestone date. It is updated with the actual completion date as soon as the milestone is completed.
Invoice Date, Invoice Schedule, Earliest Date, Milestone, actual completion date , KBA , AP-CPI , Customer Project Invoice Preparation , How To