When submitting your service order you notice you cannot directly release it to service execution as the option is greyed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Go to the Service Order Processing view.
- Edit the Service Order ABC you created with Status In Preparation (ABC represents the ID of the service order).
- Click Submit.
- You see only the "Release" option is available. The option "Release to Service Execution" is greyed out.
The action "Release to Service Execution" is controlled based on the statuses of the document.
In your service order ABC, there are two statuses that are impacting this action and having it as disabled:
- Fulfillment block status is currently Blocked.
- Approval status is currently Not Started.
It is the expected system behavior. You cannot directly release your service order to execution if one of the controlled status is not correct.
Note: When the approval process is scoped you first need to Release the document so the system checks if the approval conditions are met. Then, if the approval is not necessary you will be able to trigger the other actions as the "Release to Service Execution".
See also below the other controlled statuses that are checked by the system and will not allow you to release to service execution if met:
- Consistency status is Inconsistent.
- Payment authorisation status is Not Authorized or Check Pending.
- Order lifecycle status is Completed.
- Cancellation status is Canceled.
- Execution release status is Released or Not Relevant.
blocked, approval, status, valider, ordre de service, exécution du service , KBA , AP-SVO-SO , Service Order , Problem