You enter a new Line Item for an existing Sales Order, and the Suppliers for the released Line Items are removed/deleted.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Search for Sales Order ABC (ABC is the Sales Order ID for the existing document).
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Click on Add Row button.
- Add a new Line Item.
- Set the quantity.
- Error message appears: Item XX: Party with role Supplier missing. (XX is the Line Item ID for the released Sales Order Line Item)
When you enter a new Line Item that causes the Sales Order to become inconsistent (for example, the error "Mandatory List Price missing for the price calculation" is displayed), and then make a further fulfilment-relevant change, Sales Order updates Customer Demand with the new information, including the inconsistent status of the Sales Order. Customer Demand can't fulfil the requirements for an inconsistent Sales Order, so the system deletes the Suppliers.
Solve any inconsistencies that occur after you enter the new Line Item, before you make any further changes to the Sales Order. For example, first add the Price List of the new Line Item entered.
This will ensure that the Sales Order is consistent, and then any further changes will not result in the deletion of the Suppliers.
New Line item, Deletion, Supplier, Fulfillment, Remove , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To