Trading Partner is not derived as expected and not changeable in the Journal Entry Document.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to App Manage Journal Entries.
- Open the journal entry to edit.
- Trading Partner field is not displayed as expected.
- Trading Partner field is not editable.
The trading partner field for a journal entry document depends on 2 customizing settings in the SSCUI Define Document Types (ID 101522) for a document type. i.e.
- Inter-company posting.
- Enter Trading partner
We can set these flags in the details page of the document type under Control Data customizing.
The configurations of these fields can be:
- Inter-company posting and Enter Trading partner are set: Trading partner has not to be unique in the document and you can enter it manually for G/L line items. In this case you have to enter it in line item directly.
- Inter-company posting and Enter Trading partner are not set: Trading partner is transferred from the master record and has to be unique in the document.
- Inter-company posting is set and Enter Trading partner not set: Trading partner is transferred from the master data but it has not to be unique in the document. So the trading partner of one line item is not inherit to the other line items.
- Inter-company posting is not set and Enter Trading partner set: You can enter the trading partner manually during posting under Extra => trading partner (for a unique trading partner in document header). But this is only possible for G/L accounts posting.
Configure the Document Type in SSCUI Define Document Types (ID 101522) as per your requirements. Path: Manage your solution > Configure Your Solution > Finance> General Settings > Journal Entries.
bseg, vbund, trading, partner, SSCUI, Define, Document, Types, ID, 101522, Manage, Journal, Entries, OBA7, F0717 , KBA , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , How To