Since 1H 2021, upon Terminating an employee via Take Action, or when saving a Job Info change, an error related to invalid Country value is received during Save.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Termination
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Job Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to any employee > Take Action > Terminate
- Fill out all the required details
- Error: Please select a valid Country
- There are ISOCountryList picklist values with duplicate Non-Unique External Codes (some are active, some are inactive)
- System is retrieving the invalid picklist value instead
Engineering have confirmed that this defect has been resolved in Preview environments via the scheduled patch b2105p7 (2nd June) and you will be able to test once deployed. The same patch will be deployed in Production environments on Friday (4th June) during the regular weekly scheduled maintenance.
Validate the ISOCountryList picklist values, ensure that there are no duplicate non-unique external codes.
For example, if you have two entries for United States in this picklist (one is active, the other is inactive) and both have Non-Unique External Code values set to "USA". Set the Inactive picklist option to any value you desire, for example USA_OLD.
How to find which country is causing the issue?
It's the country of the subject user.
You can see the user's Job Information > Country field for this.
You can also find country of the user from his/her Company/Legal Entity in Job Information. Then navigate to Admin Center > Manage Data > Search for the Legal Entity to find its country.
Additionally, you can navigate to Admin Center > Import and Export Data > Export Data >
- Select Generic Object: Picklist-Values
- Include dependencies: No
- Include Immutable IDs: No
- Include Inactive Records: Yes
- Leave other fields as default values
- Click on Export
- Download the file from Admin Center > Monitor Job when the file is available
- Filter the picklist for ISOCountryList to see if there are duplicate entries in nonUniqueExternalCode field
We will be updating this KBA with more details if there will be any changes to the code, or if this is the recommendation moving forward, as ideally, there should be no picklists in the system with duplicate non-unique external codes.
picklist, ISOCountryList, non-unique external code, CS20210001580209, INC0698226, PTCH-36140 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information (Employment & Termination Details) , LOD-SF-EC-JOB-UI , History UI & MSS UI , Problem