Unable to update Serial IDs via Data WorkBench because of the error message: Serial ID can not be changed.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Data Workbench work center.
- Select Import.
- Click on Update and select Business Object Registered Product.
- Import the file and perform a simulation. The excel file generated will show the error message Serial ID can not be changed.
This is an expected behavior the Serial ID is only editable when a product category is maintained, the category must also have a Serial ID Optional flag set.
When, no Registered Product Category is maintained and the flag is not marked, the Serial ID is considered as a mandatory and non-editable field.
In order to edit the Serial ID , you need to:
-Provide a Registered Product Category.
This can be done by adding the Category in the Excel File being uploaded in the Data Workbench.
- Ensure that the category is marked as Serial ID Optional.
You can validate this by following the below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Open the Activity Additional configurations for Functional Location/Registered Product.
- Open the Maintain Registered Product Categories.
- Add the Registered Product Category being used and flag the Serial ID Optional check box.
- Perform the change and restart the message or replicate the Registered Product again.
Unable; Not Working; Upload; Excel; , KBA , LOD-LE-IBA-IPO , Installation Point , How To