After 1H 2021 Release (b2105), Competency data was migrated to the new framework, Center of Capabilities. Now, when managing competencies and behaviors in the new UI, the field "Description" is mandatory.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Ecosystem Applications & Services
- SAP SuccessFactors Center of Capabilities
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Center of Capabilities > Competencies;
- Click "Add Competency";
- The field "Description" is mandatory (red asterisk), and you cannot save the new competency without entering a value for this field:
- In Configure Object Definition > Competency object, the field "Description" is configured as not required:
Currently, for any new Competency / Behavior creation this is a known issue which will be rectified in the next release.
For the existing data, migrated from Job Profile Builder, that does not have a description value, it will not have impact.
As a workaround, you can update the existing competencies through import/export data, where description is not a required value.
description, field, value, cannot save without description, enter data, CofC, 1H 2021, competency, behavior, behaviour , KBA , LOD-SF-CJ-COC , Center of Capabilities , Known Error