For a planned order, the following symptoms are observed:
- On Monitor Stock / Requirements List (MD04) app, the buttons to convert the planned order (shown on the picture below) are missing.
- Message CO041 - 'Planned order ... is not to be converted' is triggered during the order conversion on Converting Planned Order - to Production Order (CO40) app.
- The conversion indicator of the planned order is missing.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Reproducing the Issue
Try to convert the planned order or open the planned order in transaction Change Planned Order app and check the conversion indicator.
The planned order cannot be converted because the conversion indicator is missing.
That may happen on the following situations:
- It is a run-schedule order (order type PE), which should be used only in repetitive manufacturing.
- It is a VP planned order.
- The BOM is not released for production orders, according to the status.
- Repetitive manufacturing planned orders are not supposed to be convertible, therefore, the conversion indicator is not set. If the planned orders should be convertible, the repetitive manufacturing flag on the material master should be removed.
- MRP creates planned orders according to the planning strategy defined for the material. If a convertible planned order should be generated, a different planning strategy should be used.
- Set a proper BOM status. Please note that, if a valid BOM is not found, the conversion indicator will be set and the planned order can be converted.
MRP, Material Requirements Planning, planned order, production order, process order, conversion indicator, Change Planned Order, app, S/4HANA Cloud, convert, Monitor Stock / Requirements List, CO041, missing. , KBA , PP-MRP-PR , Planning Execution , Problem