The recruiter is unable to edit MultiAttachmentSelection field despite having the permission.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
This is expected behavior based on the current design.
Here is complete flow of the multiattachmentselection:
Recruiters won't be able to add/edit any values to multiattachmentselection field if any of the condition is true:
1. If Job Req is closed or
2. If candidate is rejected or
3. If candidate is hired (job application status)
For an open application
1. If at-least one document is attached either by candidate or Recruiter the recruiter will not be able to delete the same, even if the recruiter has relevant write permissions.
2. If no documents are attached and the field is blank, only then recruiter will be able add attachments and save the application.
3. Candidates will be able to add or delete documents at any point of time.
RCM-74551, sAddAttachmentsPostApplicationEnabled and isAttachmentExistsForAppField, public true, multiattachment , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , Problem