- How To Check Soft or Permanent Purge User
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Platform
The Data Inspector tool is designed for professional user to check raw data for trouble shooting purpose.
As of now, the tool shows the technical data mostly.
There is no Personally identifiable information (PII) data shown, like first name, last name, e-mail, age, title, position, etc.
The intended target roes for this tool are:
- Customer System Administrators
- Customer Implementation Team
- Partner Implementation Team
- SAP Customer Support Team
- SAP Engineering Support Team
The Data Inspector tool is not designed for the following roles since it contains technical data and not easy to understand:
- HR Manager
- Employee (Business User)
Step 1: Assign the permission for Data Inspector to intended users only.
NOTE: As a customer, you don't have access to Provisioning. To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your implementation partner. If you're no longer working with an implementation partner, contact SAP Cloud Support.
- As a customer, you don't have access to Provisioning. To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your implementation partner. If you're no longer working with an implementation partner, contact SAP Cloud Support.
- Customer must provide a written approval for below task (Disable OData API is unchecked)
Since the Data Inspector is base on OData API:Make sure the "Disable OData API" is unchecked
Step 2: RBP Permissions for OData Metadata
Make sure the following 2 OData metadata released permissions have been assigned:
- Go to: Manage Integration Tools
- Access to OData API Metadata Refresh and Export
- Access to OData API Data Dictionary
(Optional) Refresh the OData API Metadata
Refresh the OData API Metadata in Admin Center.
The OData API Metadata refresh will be executed by background job periodically. Well in case we cannot see the latest metadata, we can trigger it manually from here.
Using OData InspectorPermission for OData Inspector: 2393499 - How to clear Metadata Framework (MDF) Cache
Assign the Data Inspector permission to a role:
- Go to: Manage System Properties
- Data Inspector
Step 3: Check Soft or Permanent Purge User
After permission assignment, we can find it in Admin Center:
- Option 1. Company Settings --> Data Inspector
- Option 2. Tool Search --> Data Inspector
Step 4: Check Data in Data Inspector
In the Data Inspector:
- Entity: Choose the Entity we want to check. It could be a table, or system info.
- Filter Criteria: We can filter the data based on conditions, like: Equals, Doesn't Equal, Contains, Greater Than, Less Than, etc.
- Data Table
- The data will be shown in pages. In the following screen shot, it shows the first page containing 200 records.
- We can download the data to local computer.
Example: Soft Purge User will displayed in Data Inspector Tool
Example: Hard or Permanent Purge User will not displayed in Data Inspector
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Purge order steps for Employee Central User?
A) The steps to be executed for these requests are:
- Customer / Consultant. Terminate the user Via MSS (UI) or 2511979 - Employee Central: How do I Terminate employees via Import?
- Customer / Consultant. Terminate the Manager Only Via MSS (UI)
- Download UDF “Admin Center --> Employee Export” and verify that Terminate user has been set to inactive
- Customer / Consultant: Purge the user with Data Retention Management tool.
- 2615360 - Data Protection and Privacy - Data Retention Time Management (DRTM) - Master Data Purge for Inactive Users
- 2618726 - Syncing the country/region of Company between Employee Central and the SuccessFactors Platform
- 2393499 - How to clear Metadata Framework (MDF) Cache
- 2511979 - Employee Central: How do I Terminate employees via Import?
- 2749427 - Unable To Permanently Purge user after a Soft Purge
- 2657326 - Data Retention Time Management: Person and Employment Purge Object FAQ
Soft, Permanent, EC, User, Purge, Data Inspector, Terminate, user , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CGA , Global Assignment & Concurrent Employment , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-ADM , Admin Tools (EC Core only) , How To