- How do I setup LDAP Secure Sockets Layer ( SSL ) or TLS ( Transport Layer Security ) With BI 4.x products
- How to encrypt BI to LDAP server communications in BI 4.x products
- This KBA supercedes the previous KBA 1604804 for versions listed below
- It is important to note that complete solution is not in the admin guide and support will be limited to best effort ONLY (no product escalations, or Very high support can be extended for unsupported solutions). For the most part it falls under consulting guidelines in SAP notes 83020 and 1054121
- Also IMPORTANT TO NOTE: If you have a time sensitive deadline the following steps were created in a single support Windows test environment. It has not been tested in large scale by many customers. When working with support on this solution please allow extra time for successful deployment as we can run into unexpected issues. The authentication team does not have expertise in Unix/Linux OS support, tomcat, and other web/app servers.
- Note: The important things to remember are that the LDAP server version IS on the PAM and the SSL/TLS certificate is registered with the webapp.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.”
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 SP04+ with patches in Note 2499693
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 SP06+
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.3
KBA , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.