You try to upload a new Labor Cost via Excel, however you receive the error message "Unit of measure XYZ not permitted". (XYZ represents the unit of measure code that you maintained in the "Cost Rate Quantity UoM" column.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Select the view Labor Cost Rates.
- Open Excel document.
- Connect/Login with the login details to the SAP Business ByDesign database.
- Change the Run ID to the next number.
- Upload to SAP.
- Select the Run that you have created.
- Select Edit.
- Here we will see that the Cost Unit is not maintained.
- Go to the Results Tab. Here you will see:
- Error message while creating Labor Cost Rates.
- Unit of measure "XYZ" not permitted.
You have entered the incorrect code to the "Cost Rate Quantity UoM" column in the Excel file that you have uploaded. The code that you have entered is not maintained in the Unit of Measure list in the system.
Check the codes that you have maintained in the system.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the view Overview.
- Search and find the activity: Quantities and Units of Measure.
- Select the option Create and Maintain Physical Units.
- Under the column "Unit", this value is the code to maintain in the Excel upload file.
Edit your Excel file to reflect the value you can see in the "Unit" column and the values will upload without issue.
UoM, Unit of Measure, Units of Measure, Cost Rate Quantity, Excel, upload,, KBA , AP-RDM , Resource Data Management , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem