You are trying to migrate Inventory and receive an error in Step D - Verify Posting Preview.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Open the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity.
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the relevant Migration Unit.
- Click Execute Migration.
- Select Migration Object Inventory.
- Click Process File.
- In Step D - Verify Posting Preview, expand the affected G/L Account entry.
You find many Products with the message 'An exception was raised'.
The Inventory is based on the Material Valuation Data, for example the Accounting Determination and the Inventory Cost Valid On information on the Migration Posting Date.
There are Materials with Valid From Date as 01.02.2020 (for example) while the Posting Date for the Migration is 27.01.2020 (example).
Hence the system is not able to determine relevant Accounting information for some Materials on the Migration Posting Date.
To successfully execute the Migration it is necessary to adjust the Inventory Cost Valid From Date of the affected Materials or change the Posting Date of the Migration.
SAP Knowledge Base Article 2082409 - Exception After Migrating Inventory - Cross Check Balances Preview for Migration
Migration, Inventory, Product, Material, Valid From, Posting Date, Inventory Cost. , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To