Your Company is based in India and you make use of the Stock Transfer process to transfer Stock between your different Sites. However, after the 2005 Upgrade, you discover you can no longer receive a Delivery where the delivered Quantity is more than the ordered Quantity.
Similarly, you also cannot confirm a Delivery where the Delivered Quantity is less than the Ordered Quantity, or where some of the Goods have been damaged in transit or on Site. When you try to do a Partial Confirmation, you get an error like: "Partial confirmation not possible for India STO scenario".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Inbound Logistics Work center.
- Go to the Task Control view.
- Find and select the relevant Put Away Task.
- Click Confirm.
- Enter a partial quantity in the Actual Quantity field and click Save.
- The system displays the following error message: "Partial confirmation not possible for India STO scenario".
Note: This is also applicable to Post Goods Receipt scenario where you do not need to manually create Warehouse Tasks.
From 2005 Upgrade onwards Over confirmation and partial confirmations have been restricted as a part of the new solution for India Stock Transfer Order Process. This is to minimize the tax amount mismatch during Outbound and Inbound Delivery that would cause serious implications on Accounting and would affect the Year End Closings.
To deal with Over Delivery, you can take the following approach:
- Take a receipt of the Quantity entered in the Outbound Delivery.
- Perform an Inventory adjustment at the receiving site so the system reflects the actual Inventory.
- Create a manual Tax entry at the receiving site to post the Taxes for the extra units you have received.
To deal with Under Delivery scenarios (including Damages) during Inbound Delivery, you can follow either of these 2 approaches:
- Take the receipt of the full quantity during Inbound Delivery.
- Perform Inventory adjustment/Scrapping at the receiving site so that the system reflects the actual Inventory.
- Create a manual tax entry at the receiving site to negate the taxes for the units lost/not delivered.
By following the above approach the system remains compliant in reference to the Taxes and the Inventory.
- Reverse the existing Outbound Delivery.
- Create new Outbound Delivery with the actual quantity that is being received.
- Create and release the Inbound Delivery for this new Outbound Delivery.
The Reversal of the Outbound Delivery will post negative Taxes for the Taxes that you have paid. The new Outbound Delivery will only post taxes for the unit that you are actually going to receive at the receiving site and therefore keep the system compliant in reference to the Inventory and Taxes.
2926736 - Error appears "Partial confirmation not possible for India STO scenario" when trying to create Stock Transfer Inbound Delivery with partial quantity.
2925668 - Error appears "Partial confirmation not possible for India STO scenario" when trying to confirm put away task for partial quantity.
Over Delivery, Under Delivery, Partial Confirmation, India, Stock Transfer Order, 2005 Upgrade , KBA , AP-SLP , Site Logistics Processing , AP-XSC , Supply Chain Control , How To