When you change the Account XYZ (XYZ represents Account ID) inside Opportunity ABC (ABC represents Opportunity ID), the same opportunity is missing on Map view.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales workcenter, Opportunities view.
- Change the view to "Map view" and search for Opportunity ABC.
- See that the opportunity is present on the Map.
- Hit "Search Map Area" and see that the opportunity is still present.
- Open opportunity ABC and go to Involved Parties tab.
- Click in the Account party and change the address. Change the opportunity.
- Go back to Opportunities view and hit "Search Map Area" again.
- See that Opportunity ABC is not in the map anymore.
The "Search Map Area" in Google Maps requires geo codes.
However, currently, Document Addresses do not support geo locations. This is only supported on Account level.
When you change the address on the Document level, the geo code does not recognize the location anymore, then the opportunity will be missing.
This is the expected system behavior.
We do not recommend the address change at document level, since it can lead to data inconsistencies.
If you need to change the address, please do it directly in Account.
Search; Map; Area; Opportunity; Location; Address; Account , KBA , LOD-CRM-PM-SLS , C4C Product Management - Sales , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To