Custom tile is defined based on Business Rule. However, when the Onboardee accesses this tile, he/she sees the content set up as default. Not as per the Business Rule.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Home Page and create a Custom Tile based on Business Rule
- Ensure that the conditions in the rule matches the data for external user
- Login as External User and click on the custom tile
- User will see the content set up as default. Not as per the Business Rule.
- If the Business Rule is defined based on conditions to be matched with the jobInformation objects, External User Visibility for the jobInformation object fields should be visible. System will not expose to the External User Visibility by default.
- Please note while creating a rule under Scenario: "Show New Recruit Onboarding Content", external user visibility of the of the objects used in the rule should be set to "read only"
- Sample Objects include Legal Entity, Pay Scale Area, Department, etc
- Go to Configure Object Definition > Select the defined Object Definition
- Under fields select "mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility" and click on details
- Set the visibility to "read only"
- Go to Configure Business Rules and create "Rules for MDF Based Objects" rule by choosing the needed object with purpose as "Initialise"
- Define an Initialise rule to set the External User Visibility for the Object
- Go to Configure Object Definition and add the defined rule under "Initialise Rules" for all three objects
Custom Tile, Custom Tile based on Business Rule, External User Visibility, Object Definition , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-HP , Home Page for Onboarding 2.0/ Tiles , How To