- Recommended People email is showing the tokens instead of the value which was entered while completing the task.
- Issue only happens when the recommend people is changed to a new person, but the token populates the value properly at the initial email sent to the original recommended person.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- After the New Hire Data review step is completed, the tasks will be assigned to respective assignees.
- The assignee will complete the recommended people task by giving some text to Onboardee and also to the Recommended people.
- The recommended people will receive an email with the proper text entered. ( under tokens [[RecommendedReason]] [[PersonalNote]])
- The assignee will edit the task and select the new recommended people by giving text to both onboardee and to the Recommended People
- The cancellation email will be triggered to already assigned recommended people.
- New email will trigger to the newly recommended people.
- In this email, the recommended people are unable to see the text entered by assignee. Instead, they are seeing the token.
- When the number of recommended person increase (15 users), the issue will surely happen. This is due to the condition between the MDF save and the notification.
The Engineering Team has already introduced a code fix and is scheduled to be deployed on the upcoming release: b2105
The code fix will focus on resolving the E-mail Tokens [[RecommendedReason]] [[PersonalNote]] and will not be replaced when 15 users are recommended.
Note that the fix date are subject to changes.
You may track this internal ticket (OBX-17426) via https://influence.sap.com/SuccessFactorsOnboarding
OBX-17426, Email Tokens, [[RecommendedReason]], [[PersonalNote]], Recommend Person Email, Email Services, INC0614375 , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-EML , Notifications , Known Error