You can see an exception thrown in the UI on loading a UI Component after you have bound a Business Object (BO) Action.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created an Add-On Solution.
- You have enhanced a screen with an Action using the Extensibility Explorer in the UI Designer.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into the system UI with a Business User.
- The exception is thrown immediately when the UI Component is being loaded in the UI.
The Action in the binding no longer exists on the BO.
The Action is bound via a Virtual Association (VA) path, for example, actionPath="Root-.[SalesDocuments]-.CustomerQuote->doThis" in the XML (where Root refers to the Opportunity BO and [SalesDocuments] is the VA).
Check that the Action binding is correct and reactivate BO and rebind on the UI Component if required.
VA actionPath is not supported by the system as it expects to find the action directly on the Opportunity-BTDReference Node.
PDI, SDK, UI Designer, Virtual Association, actionPath, [SalesDocuments], Extensibility Explorer , KBA , AP-RC-UIF , C4C UI Framework , AP-RC-UIF-DT , UI Framework Designtime , Problem