You had an extension field on a screen (e.g. Ticket, Sales Order, Tasks, Opportunities, Visits, etc.) and after deleting this field now as soon as you enter any document of this object you get a dump (exception) message.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Extension field is deleted.
- End Adaptation.
- Now screen dumps once starts loading and you can't access anymore.
After an extension field is deleted, some references to it remained on the screen, so when the system tries to load the screen and doesn't find the field anymore, the exception is raised.
To resolve the issue you need to generate the load of the affected screen, so the files are updated and any left reference related to the deleted field is removed.
To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Administrator Work Center.
- General Settings view.
- Under Adaptation Changes click on Layout Change History.
- Execute the query.
- In UI Component screen, filter for the screen path where the dump is occurring (e.g. if in Tickets TI it would be "/BYD_COD/ServiceOnDemand/Collaboration/COD_SR_TI.TI.uicomponent"). Refer to See Also section for how to get the screen path via Google Chrome Developer Tools.
- Select the most recent change on the result table.
- Click the button Generate Load.
- The process may take a few minutes depending on the screen.
- Once finished you can access the screen again.
Dump; Exception; Error; Extension Field; Screen; Delete; Adaptation; , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To