You created a configuration in "Organize Work Center and Work Center View List" in a tenant ABC and then created a transport request to send this to tenant XYZ.
However when checking in the target tenant XYZ you noticed that it is not exactly the same as in the source tenant ABC and things like the order or visibility selection are not considered properly.
You notice that the affected work centers that are not show correctly there are PDI Work Centers.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Access source tenant.
- Go to Administration.
- General Settings.
- Organize Work Center and Work Center View List.
- Access your desired configuration.
- Check the work center order.
- Repeat the steps on target tenant after this is transported.
- You notice PDI work centers are not in correct (e.g. the order, visibility selection, etc.).
Since the PDI ID's are not the same between source and target tenant, the path of work centers will differ.
For example the path in source tenant is "/YABCDEFG_MAIN/SRC/Solution/Solution.WCVIEW.uiwocview" while in target tenant it would be "/YPQRSTUV_MAIN/SRC/Solution/Solution.WCVIEW.uiwocview".
You need to transport the Optional Dependencies with the Organize Work Center, so the system will understand to which PDI this is referring.
To add optional dependencies you can follow the steps below on the newly created Transport Request:
- Add the Organize Work Center and Work Center View List configuration that you want to transport to the Selected Transport Objects.
- Click in Actions.
- Add Optional Dependencies.
- Select all dependencies.
- Click Add Selected or Add All button.
- Proceed with the normal creation of the Transport Request.
Organize Work Center View; PDI; SDK; Transport Management; Order; Visibility; Assign; Business Role; Custom Solution; , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To