You run the Open VAT/Sales Tax Items report and expect it to be clear, however items remain on the report.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management work center.
- Select the view Reports.
- Search and find report Open VAT/Sales Tax Items (Report ID: FINTAXU09_Q0001).
- Run the report for the required company and tax period.
Items appear on the report where you expect it to be clear as you have compelled Tax Returns for the period selection entered.
When transactions have been posted with Tax Event "1 - Out of Scope", these transactions are not relevant and not considered in VAT Return. Therefore, these tax items will not be picked up from the tax subledger and so they will remain on the Open VAT/Sales Tax Items Report. This system behavior is correct.
To confirm that the items are not included in a Tax Return you can follow the below steps.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the view Overview.
- Search and find the activity "Tax Returns for Goods and Services - ABC" (ABC represents the country/region code).
- Select the option Produce Tax Return ABC.
- Select each Return Type
- Under the Tax Event you will not see "1 - Out of Scope"
This shows that the Ta Event "1 - Out of Scope" is not included in any Tax Return.
The report displaying the open items shows of course the tax entries which are “out of scope” and this is correct. There is no requirement to clear these.
1 - Out of Scope, Open VAT/Sales Tax Items, FINTAXU09_Q0001, , KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , SRD-FIN-ANA , Analytics Content , Problem