This KBA is intended to clarify what constitutes a supportable incident opposed to a Consulting inquiry for SAP Cloud Solutions. Additionally, options for issues considered as Consulting Inquiries are provided. For on premise solutions please refer to SAP Note 83020 What is Support – What is Consulting: On Premise solutions.
SAP Support agrees to handle problem incidents in accordance with Cloud maintenance agreements in the following scenarios:
- There is an error in the software or SAP provided Best Practice configuration or with expert configuration done by SAP as requested by the customer;
- An error in the software causes subsequent errors or SAP provided Best Practice configuration causes subsequent errors;
- standard product functions have incorrect or missing documentation.
If the occurring problem falls into one of these above-mentioned categories, you must open a problem incident under the relevant component (or via appropriate SAP Support channels where applicable) to initiate the Support process.
The following cases are classified as consulting requests and should not be raised via a Support incident.
This includes inquiries concerning:
- Advice or assistance relating to configuration, business process analysis, or implementation specific to the customer’s unique environment or already documented in Product Guides
- ‘How-To’ questions seeking assistance with documented features
- Assistance with customization of the core product, core functionality and/or problems or errors caused by customization that has been implemented or completed by customers or partners
For help with configuration, how-to, and implementation issues, please visit the appropriate self-service resources listed below. Alternately, speak with your Account Executive or Customer Engagement Executive about Professional Services options or about engaging an SAP Authorized Partner.
Note that consulting requests are priced separately at the discretion of SAP unless otherwise specified in your maintenance contract.
In addition, all customers that have a valid SAP Enterprise Support Cloud Edition contract are entitled to the additional Empowerment, Innovation and Value Realization services from SAP as part of their maintenance contract as found under the following link: https://assets.cdn.sap.com/agreements/product-use-and-support-terms/cls/en/support-policy-for-sap-cloud-services-english-v2-2017.pdf
See for Reference
2577546 Frequently Asked Questions - SAP Support Expert Chat - SAP Cloud for Customer
2482688 *** MASTER KBA *** Schedule an Expert
2171560 How to be notified of new or updated SAP Notes or KBAs in the ONE Support Launchpad
0067739 Priority of problem incidents
Customer Experience Advisory Services - Manage every phase of your project – from planning and implementation to operations – confidently with SAP Customer Experience Services offerings
Customer Influence - To submit enhancement requests for SAP Sales Cloud and SAP Service Cloud
SAP C4C Community - Blog about your experiences with Cloud for Customer, ask questions, and hear directly from the product team about the latest and greatest with SAP Cloud for Customer.
SAP Customer Experience Enablement Webpage - Find Regional Customer Community Events and Customer Experience Solution Enablement Webcasts
Cloud Availability Center (CAC) - offers you a personalized dashboard with focus on relevant information about your cloud product availability and maintenance
SAP Customer Experience Wiki - SAP Customer Experience Services' primary goal is to help our clients create their own connected customer experience relying on a suite of SAP Cloud solutions
KBA , LOD-SC-DEF , SAP Cloud (ByD/C4x) - Default , Problem