- Reporting of the company hierarchy structure by using Foundation objects from the top level to the bottom level is currently not supported. This is due to missing joins from the top level object to the bottom-level.
- Only joins from bottom to top are available. However, this is not sufficient for the reporting use case to report on all existing paths, i.e. with this approach it's not possible to report paths which does not reach from top level hierarchy node to the very bottom level
- Reason: The associations between the foundation objects are defined from child to parent (i.e. the configuration under "Configure Object Definitions"). Based on these associations also the joins of the reporting metadata are defined from target to the source.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
For this example, let's consider the following company structure:
- Business Unit
- Custom Department
- Go to Company Structure page
- Select one company structure
- Take note of the hierarchy of the objects e.g. Business Unit > Division > Custom Department
- Go to Advanced Reporting
- Create a new query using Foundation Objects
- Select the top object of the structure e.g. Business Unit
- Expand the related tables
- You would expect to have Division in the 2nd level and Custom Department in the 3rd level of the hierarchy
- However, Custom Department is not available as related table of Division
- Hence you cannot proceed with the creation of the company structure report
The Company Structure page will follow the association defined in the Company Structure Definition object, which is not reportable in Advanced Reporting.
The joins in Advanced Reporting are defined from child to parent and from association target to the source (i.e. as they are configured in "Configure Object Definitions" page). e.g. from Division (2nd level) to Business Unit (1st level):
Configure Object Definition > select the object "Division" > The association is defined from child to parent:
Advanced Reporting will display the objects as per above configuration:
Currently no joins are defined in the opposite direction which prevent the reporting from top to bottom (but only from bottom to top, which is, however, not sufficient for the reporting use case to report on all existing paths, i.e. with this approach it's not possible to report paths which does not reach from top level hierarchy node to the very bottom level).
Therefore, at the moment Advanced Reporting does not fully support a Company Structure report.
company structure report Foundation custom object mdf missing top bottom hierarchy advanced reporting , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Product Enhancement