You need to use the Data type UNLIMITED_WebURI to store a URL of length greater than 255 characters for use during runtime.
You do not need to to store the value in the database.
You have used the datatype UNLIMITED_WebURI in your Custom BO with the [Transient] tag and you see the following warning in the Error List in the Cloud Studio:
"Warning Length of data type 'UNLIMITED_WebURI' is restricted to 255 characters in the database."
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Define an element on your Custom BO in your Custom Solution as follows: Element:[Transient] element NameOfElement:UNLIMITED_WebURI;
- The warning is displayed in the error output window
The truncating will only occur while storing the data in the database.
- The warning message "Length of data type 'UNLIMITED_WebURI' is restricted to 255 characters in the database" is correct.
- Since this field is Transient, it will not be stored in the database.
- The value will not be truncated and you can use it to store URLs with more that 255 characters for use during runtime.
Cloud Studio, PDI, UNLIMITED_WebURI, 255, Transient, URL, Runtime, Custom Business Object, SDK , KBA , AP-RC-UIF , C4C UI Framework , AP-RC-BDS-SCR , ByDesign Studio Scripting (ABSL) , AP-RC-BDS-1O , ByDesign Studio OneOffs , AP-RC-BDS-BO , ByDesign Studio BO definition/generation , How To