- Error occurs when tried to publish .blx of universe to a local folder
- Error message； Cannot publish the universe. A connection shortcut is missing.
Your universe is secured on a CMS. You can't publish it to a local folder while it is secured. Remove the security settings from your universe with the save for all retrieve option if you want to publish it locally.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 (BI4.2)
- Web Intelligence (WebI)
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to Information Design Tool repository resources.
- Retrieve any universe into local project.
- Create a new local connection.
- Open data foundation, and change the data connection from secured to unsecured local connection.
- Save all the layer.
- Select .blx and right to Publish local Folder.
>> Error shows
Save for All user (no security) option is not checked when you retrieve universe to local project.
So that the resources are retrieved into the local project and are secured locally by requiring you to enter your repository system authentication when opening a retrieved data foundation or business layer.
To remove the local security requirement, select Save for All user (no security) option when retrieve the universe to local project.
web, webintelligence, idt, local machine , KBA , BI-BIP-IDT-BLX , Business Layer , Problem