What does the Audit Action means when reporting on Offer Details?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Ad-Hoc reporting, and select Recruiting V2;
- Select the domain Offer Detail and select the Audit Fields like: Audit Action, Audit Comment, Audit Sender, Audit Recipient and etc...
- Notice that on the Audit Action we have the values submit, approve and sign:
These three different types of Audit Actions come from the Audit structure in SuccessFactors Audit trails, it is not something specifically for Offers, the system is just using the same technical design spec for all Audits across the platform.
When we report on the Audits, we will see this three different audit actions in multiple different areas of the system, like on the offers. Now what specifically means the Submit, Approve and Sign when it comes to the Offer Details:
- Submit: This is when the Offer Detail is created, when the offer originator creates the offer specifically;
- Approve: The values are now populated and saved into and offer that has been Approved and sent to the next approvers to validate and approve or decline;
- Sign: This step is the approval step from the other approvers, where they are just approving the offer, with not values being changed. Once they click in approve a record with Sign will be generated on the Audit;
- Decline: When an approver declines the offer and sends it back.
Now, the offer will always pass by these three steps, and in case there are no additional approvers into the offer, only the Originator, then the audit will show as Submitted, Approved and Signed by the same user.
approve, sign, submit, report, audit, offer, detail, action, status , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-REP , Reporting & Analytics, Data Imports & Exports , How To