Changes made to the Spot Award Notification template under E-Mail Notification Templates Settings will not reflect on any emails received by spot award recipients.
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation Management
Reward and Recognition
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > E-Mail Notification Template Settings
- Click on Spot Award Notification
- Make changes to the body of the template
- Save your changes
- Award an employee
- Employee receives an email; it will not reflect the changes you made to the template
This is caused by the template being a points-based program. The Spot Award Notification section in E-Mail Notification Template Settings was created for currency-based programs.
You can use Manage Languages as outlined in KBA 2576546 to create a custom translation.
- Follow the instructions on KBA to download the default labels
- Search for the token SPOTAWARDS_RECIPIENT_FLEX_REWARDS_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_BODY
- Next, create and download the custom labels
- Add the row of the token SPOTAWARDS_RECIPIENT_FLEX_REWARDS_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_BODY and its translation column to the custom label CSV file
- Make your desired changes to the translation
- Save (NOTE: Don't forget to delete the third column header on your custom label, which is usually a second locale code. This is outlined in the instructions in KBA 2576546)
Spot Award Notification, Email Notification, Points-Based, , KBA , LOD-SF-RNR-EML , Emails, Notifications & Alerts , Problem