When two messages arrive into the SMS messaging channel with a time gap of a few seconds, it creates two new Tickets.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Send a message to the SMS channel in C4C
- Again send another message immediately
- These 2 messages come into C4C, and create two different Tickets
The first incoming SMS message created a ticket and the second incoming SMS came in just a few seconds gap. As the ticket creation might still have been in process and not saved in the system, the same was not recognized during the second SMS processing.
Two tickets were created as both the incoming SMS came during the same time (just a second or two apart).
Following is the processing logic for an inbound SMS:
- When an inbound SMS is received in C4C, it is validated against all the messaging channel maintained in the system. If no valid messaging channel is found, process is stopped.
- Next, the sender's number is validated against the number maintained for individual customers in the system. If no customer is found, a new Individual Customer is created along with a new ticket.
- Message Channel is scanned for Ticket Options. If its set as Create New Ticket, then a new ticket will be created every time.
- If its set as Add to Recent Ticket, then the most recent ticket for the customer is looked for which has been changed or processed in the maintained Time-frame value in the channel and the SMS is threaded to it. Else a new ticket will be created for the customer. Ticket will be re-opened if its in Completed status.
Any message that arrives after the Ticket is created for the customer will thread it to the same Ticket. The scenario discussed here is a corner case with a time gap of just a second or two. Hence, it is an expected behavior that two Tickets get created.
SMS, messaging, ticket, customer, two, multiple , KBA , sms , ticket , message , two , multiple , inbound , different , LOD-CRM-SC-MES , Messaging / SMS , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem