The following error message "You are not authorized to query the remote system. Please ask your administrator to grant you the InA role." occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) when attempting to create a Live Data Connection to SAP S/4HANA Cloud via OAuth.
- "You are not authorized to query the remote system. Please ask your administrator to grant you the InA role."
- The Google Chrome Developer Tools shows the following error message;
"invalid_grant, Provided authorization grant is invalid. Exception was No user found with SAP Global User ID '<USER ID HERE>' (format: unspecified). For more information, consult the kernel traces or the OAuth 2.0 trouble shooting SAP note 1688545"
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.2.x
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Create a Live Data Connection to SAP S/4HANA Cloud using OAuth 2.0
- Observe the error message
- Either the SAML User Mapping Attributed used in SAP Analytics Cloud (eg. Email Address, User ID or Custom SAML User Mapping) does not exist as a User Name in Business Users > User Data > User Name.
- In the Communication System, the User ID Mapping mode for the OAuth 2.0 Configuration, was set to UUID instead of User Name.
- In the Communication System Configuration in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, please Change the User ID Mapping mode for OAuth 2.0 Identity Provider step from UUID to User Name
- Made sure the SAML User Mapping attribute used for the same user in SAP Analytics Cloud, matches the Business User's User Name under User Data.
For more information, please visit the Guide below;
Live Data Connection to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition via OAuth - https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/0485d540e0b340a0bc0da86fe368997c.html?q=s%2F4hana%20live
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-LDC-HAN , SAC Live Data Connection HANA , LOD-ANA-LDC , SAC Live Data Connection , Problem