While creating purchasing document (Purchase order, contract) , the below message is encoutered.
- Partner role 'VN' not allowed for suppliers of account group XXXX.
- Role 'VN' not defined in master record for supplier XXXXXX.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the app Manage Purchase Orders/contract.
- Create a purchase order/contract with supplier (assigned to custom accounting group).
- The system shows warning or error message depends on context while saving the document.
Missing customization for the custom account group with 'VN' partner function.
Partner 'VN' will always be determined during the creation of purchasing document as soon as fill in the vendor. It is mandatory for a purchasing document creation. If the error message is encountered, SSCUI ID 103129 - Define Permissible Partner Roles per Account Group can be used to link the partner 'VN' with custom accounting group.
s4_pc, VN, ME364, ME329, 103129, custom, accounting group, vendor, LF, Supplier, purchase order, contract , KBA , MM-FIO-PUR-PO , Fiori UI for Purchase Orders , Problem