- No tables listed.
- When using an ODBC connection to a text or csv file, it does not list any tables. It only show "Add Command"
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to create a new report to a text file via an ODBC connection using the CR TextFile ODBC driver, it does not list any tables in the Database Expert.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator, create an ODBC DSN to a text file using the CR TextFile ODBC Driver.
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the Database Expert, under "Create New Connection", double click on "ODBC (RDO)"
- In the window "ODBC (RDO)", in the Data Source Name list, select the ODBC DSN to the text file, and click "Finish"
- Once connected, notice it does not list any tables to select in the Database Expert.
- Text files were not defined to be used as tables when creating the ODBC DSN in the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Define each text, or csv file to be associated to a table in the ODBC DSN:
- Start the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator
- Select your ODBC DSN, and click on "Configure"
- Under the tab "General", ensure the "Database Directory" points to the folder where the text files are located.
- Under the tab "Advanced", define each text files you want to use as a Table by clicking on the button "Define..."
- Select one of the text file, and click "Open"
- For the option "Define Table", enter a name for the Table.
- Check the option "Column Names in First Line" if your text file first row are the column names.
- Then select the delimiter, which is called "Table Type".
( For for example: If your file uses comma as the delimiter for the columns, then select: "Comma" )
- Cick on the button "Guess" to generate the fields from the text file.
- Once everything is set, click "OK"
- You will then be prompted to select another file to define as a Table.
If you have multiple text files to define, select the next text file, and repeat the steps 6 to 10.
If you have no other text files to define, click "Cancel"
- Back to the "ODBC Text Driver Setup" window, click "OK"
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020