You have maintained the translation for the fields in the custom BO of PDI solution in your development tenant.You have also created EC and have binded the fields in the header, used in Custom EC to the custom BO.
Now, you expect the translation mainatained in the custom BO to gets autopopulated to the header fields in custom EC.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
As a prerequisites you have created:
- Your custom solution in Cloud Application Studio.
- Your custom BO for which you have maintained translation via XLIFF file (Please refer to section 8.19 from Cloud Application Studio Help documentation for more information regarding Translations for elements of your custom BO).
- Your custom UI component along with custom EC
- In your custom solution for your custom BO you see the translations are maintained successfully by checking in SDK(Right click on the solution-> Translation-> Check Status).
- You do the right click on the custom EC which is binded to your custom BO (Right click on the solution-> Translation-> Check Status), you observe the translation is missing
This issue is happened because you have used the overridden text option for labelling the field in the UI designer.
If you wish the translation to be autopopulated in your custom EC header which is binded to your custom BO, you need to use only backend text option for labelling the field in the UI designer. When you use the Text Pool as Backend Text, then the translation maintained in the backend will auto populate when you bind the objects to it .
Note: Use of backend text option for labelling may cause issue after deployment. For more details refer See Also section.
SDK Translation, XLIFF file, UI Text, Textpool, Incorrect Translation , KBA , translation , custom ec , development tenant , AP-RC-BDS-TRANSL , ByDesign Studio Translation , Problem