Error: 'XXX' is restricted and cannot be added to the query happens when trying to add an object from a sub-structure of an OData table in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.8
- OData Import connection
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.
- Create a model based on OData connection.
- Select a query that contains a sub-structure.
- Try to add an item from the su-structure.
- Error occurs as 'XXX' is restricted and cannot be added to the query.
The sub-object is of type Collection which is not a supported Odata type in SAC.
Only use objects that are listed as supported as per documentation: https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/5c10ca68809c413087c39e9a6af39e24.html
- 2913312 - How to Consume C4C / ByD Data Sources in SAC Using OData
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, is restricted and cannot be added to the query, business analytics, reporting, report, data source, bydesign, odata, ap-rc-ana , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , How To