While you create a business object such as an opportunity for example, after selecting the account you get an error "Please correct the document type" and instead of the account name which you selected, a long number, the account UUID, is shown.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
In our example we are selecting the opportunity BO, the same can happen for other objects.
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Click New.
- For the Account field, select any entry.
Result: you get error "Please correct the document type" and instead of the account name which you selected, a long number, the account UUID, is shown.
For the business object in question, in our case opportunities, the party role = Account has the fFlag "Forbid Manual Changes" set.
This setting in BC fine-tuning leads to the mentioned error message.
If you uncheck the Flag "Forbid Manual Changes" for Party Role 'Account' the error message will disappear and accounts can be added to the Opportunity again.
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre
- Go to the Implementation Projects view
- Select the relevant project
- Select Activity List
- Search and open Opportunities
- Open Maintain Involved Parties
- Check entry for the party role = Account
- Uncheck the flag "Forbid Manual Changes"
- Save the changes
- Log out and back into the system for the changes to take effect.
UUID, Node ID, cannot, ovs, account name missing, lead, opportunity, QC, new , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , Problem