When attempting to connect to Plateau Report Designer, an invalid password error is shown and resetting the Learning Administration password does not resolve the issue.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: de.simplicit.vjdbc.VJdbcException: Password for user [ID] is wrong
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Connect to the Learning environment via VJDBC URL in PRD
- Receive error: "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: de.simplicit.vjdbc.VJdbcException: Password for user sfadmin is wrong
In 2H2020 Learning enhanced the authentication for VJDBC Connection from PRD to improve overall security:
If the Learning environment is on 2H 2020 (b2011) or later:
Report designers are now required to generate PRD passwords from the Learning admin interface: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2981530
To generate a new password:
- Navigate to Reports tab> "Learning Report Designer" >
- Click The Generate Password button. You will be presented with the new password.
- Copy this is long password string and paste in the password field in the PRD tool.
- The password will be valid for 2 days from the time of generation and then will expire automatically.
- This was changed from existing 2H 2020 environments that are not on the preview release cycle when 1H 2021 preview release happened (April 19th 2021) . The token password must be used on any Learning environment that is on 2H 2020 version or later (b2011 or later).
KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , VJDBC Setup or Connection Issues , Problem