When creating a Zoom enabled Class, the initial notifications that include the meeting URL does not require authentication by the Instructor or Users to access the Zoom meeting. After the Agenda is updated, the follow-up notifications to the Instructor and Users of this change have a meeting URL that requires authentication even without any changes to the Advanced VLS Settings.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Class
- Associate the instructor with Zoom during class creation
- Enroll a user
- Receive initial notification which has a "longer" URL that does not require authentication to get into Zoom
- Go back to the Class Agenda and update the end time and apply changes
- The update notification that is sent to the registered user has a shorter URL which requires authentication
- The Advanced VLS Setting for Authentication Required is never set to true
- The instructor also received a new notification that requires authentication
This is currently being investigated by the Learning Engineering team. This article will be updated with more information once it is received.
- If the Agenda has to be updated, send a follow up ad-hoc notification that includes the previous URL. The URL will need to be pulled from a previous notification that the Instructor or User received.
- Do not update the Agenda but send an ad-hoc notification informing users of the change.
- Create a new Class and manually enroll the users into the new one. Make sure to remove the "invalid" Class from the Library so other users cannot enroll.
zoom, longer, shorter, URL, meeting, room, vls, virtual, notification, changed, updated, agenda, template, authentication, required, sf, lms , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-VLS , Virtual Learning System , Bug Filed