When accessing the Class Details screen in Blended Course Home, the Instructor profile pictures are not showing up as expected.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Instructor profile pictures are rendered from the Employee Profile. Some possible scenarios:
- The profile does not have a photo. Either do this in mass as an administrator or have the user update their own profile photo by access their file.
- The Instructor record in Learning does not have a related user. If the Instructor does not have a related user, then the Instructor cannot access the My Classes section.
- Go to Learning Administration > People > Instructors > Search for the Instructor ID and in the Summary Tab associate a corresponding User ID
- The Related User that is associated to the Instructor record does not have the backend PERSON_GUID identifier. While the User ID in Learning might be the same as the User ID in the HXM Suite, as IDs can be purged and reused, the PERSON_GUID is unique.
The easiest way to know if the user has a PERSON_GUID is to check the user record.
- Go to Learning Administration > People > Users > Search and access the user record.
- On the User Details tab a banner that states "Certain fields on the page are read-only because they contain HR data and should be maintained in your core HR system of record. If you wish to make updates to these fields, please do so in the SuccessFactors core HXM application. As an alternative, you can use the Learning data import tool to make these updates." will be present.
- If he user does not have this banner and fields such as First Name, Last Name, etc. are editable, the user does not have a PERSON_GUID and needs to be updated.
Having a PERSON_GUID is recommended best practice. To set this up:
- If you know you are using the Employee Export job from Provisioning
- Either your Partner or Support can update the job. The job must have "Required for SuccessFactors Learning Sync" enabled as specified in the guide.
- If you are not using the Employee Export job and you want to start using this job, please get with a Partner to validate your connector configurations and setup the job.
- If you are not using the Employee Export job but only want to sync up the PERSON_GUID field, please see the guide for setup.
Once the PERSON_GUID is exporting and the Connector has ran, User records will behave differently. Please see this article for more information. Once a user record has a PERSON_GUID in LMS, it cannot be removed.
instructor, images, image, profile, picture, render, color, visible, blended, course, home, employee, missing, bizx, hxm, person_guid , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CHM , Course Home , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Scheduled Offerings , Problem