In the Default Account Assignment for General Ledger Accounts you define a specific setting for a G/L Account, a cost center assignment or a Free Cost Object assignment for example.
But when viewing the journal entry of a business transaction (such as a Supplier or Customer Invoice), posting to the selected G/L Account, the defined setting is not derived.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger work center go to the Companies view.
- Select Company XYZ and press Actions - Set Defaults for G/L Accounts (XYZ represents the Company ID).
- In the activity,make a default assignment for G/L Account ABC, for example Free Cost Object ID DEF (ABC represents the G/L Account ID, DEF represents the Free Cost Object ID).
- Create a business transaction, such as a supplier or customer invoice.
- Access the journal entry of this business transaction (for example from the document view).
- You notice a line item for G/L Account ABC but for the posting Free Cost Object DEF was not derived.
The Default Account Assignments for General Ledger Accounts activity is not relevant for general business transactions. For business transaction postings G/L Accounts are derived based on the relevant sub-ledger account determination groups.
In SAP Business ByDesign the only option to directly select a G/L account in a posting is by creating a Manual Journal Entry Voucher. The activity is only relevant for such manual correction postings in the General Ledger where you might want to ensure that a specific assignment is in place (to a cost center, free cost object or project task) when making a direct, manual posting to the respective G/L account.
For business transactions that are to debit or credit G/L accounts used for other income or general expense Account Determination groups you can define mandatory account assignment types in the Mandatory Account Assignments fine tune activity.
default account assignments for general ledger account, free cost object missing , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem