User configured a custom MDF and set a field as business key field, however when import a file which has no duplicate business key or duplicate external code record, the importing failed with below errors:
[1.This external code [XXX,XXX,XXX] already exists. Try another.] , or [1.Found different data value with same key. ].
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure a custom MDF and defined one of its custom field as business key, for example cust_test is the business key field of this Object.
- Prepare a csv import file, in the file it contains 2 duplicate business key field records, 2 duplicate externalcode records and 2 correct valid records.
- Do csv import from import and export data
- Find that all 6 records failed, even those 2 valid records also failed to be imported.
Below is csv file screenshot of this example:
The result after doing the import should similar to below screenshot, that correct data wasn't imported as well:
This is a defect per confirmed by MDF engineering team (internal engineering ticket:MDF-41388), and the fix of this issue is planned in b2111 release.
Before the fix of this issue, a workaround is that please ensure your MDF csv file contains no duplicate externalcode or business key data before you import it into system.
2277994 - How to Import Data for MDF Objects in SuccessFactors HXM Suite
MDF-41388, Import and export data, custom MDF, MDF, externalCode, duplicate, business key, 1.Found different data value with same key., SF, SuccessFactors, MDF import, duplicate externalcode, duplicate business key. , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , How To