You are creating an Over The Counter Sales Order, and have set up the relevant Logistics Area to be Inventory-Managed with specified Stock Allocation (Material Flow rules). However, when you create an Over The Counter Sales Order, the system does not propose the Logistics Area with the Identified Stock ID.
You believe this is a system bug, and you want it to be corrected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Over-the-Counter Sales work center, and under common Tasks, select New Over-the-Counter Sale.
- Enter in the field "Ship-From Location" the relevant Location ID.
- Enter the relevant Product ID.
- The system shows the following error message: Item *: Identified Stock ID is mandatory; material * is batch managed (* acts as a place holder for the relevant Item ID and Material ID respectively).
- You expect the system to automatically propose the Identification Stock ID as:
- You have maintained all necessary details in the Site and Logistics Area.
- You have the Material in stock at the relevant Logistics Area.
This is a known limitation. The Material Flow Rules are used in Source and Destination Determination (SDD) in Site Logistics (task based and lean screens) and in the Production Processes.
The Source and Destination Determination is not supported by the Over-the-counter Sales and Projects screens/processes and therefore it is not working in these scenarios.
The system is working as designed.
Over the counter, Identified Stock, Source Determination, FIFO, Picking strategy, Specified Stock, Logistics Use , KBA , AP-PRD-IS , Identified Stock , AP-SLP , Site Logistics Processing , Problem