- Source column on mainframe DB2 system is defined with datatype varchar() but contains binary data
- Job that reads from varchar() column containing binary data and writes to varchar() target column does not work correctly
- When writing binary data in varchar() column in HANA and using bintohex function to convert the binary data to hex the results are incorrect
- When binary data is stored in a source varchar() column the results on the database target are different than the source
- Does Data Services support reading binary data from a varchar() column?
SAP Data Services
SAP Data Services all versions
BODS, data type, mainframe, varchar_to_long , KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Job Execution , EIM-DS , Data Services , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.