Advanced report works online, but shows the "No data available" error when executed offline.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Execute the affected Advanced report online and confirm that it is fetching data
- Execute it offline
- Go to View Schedules > My Jobs > download the report
- The "No data available" error message is displayed in the output file
There is a static filter on a label field type (text string against a language-sensitive label) and the user is using a BizX language different from the one set for him in the ORD Admin > User Maintenance.
When the report is executed online, the data fetched will respect the BizX language.
When it is exported offline, the data fetched will respect the language set for the user in ORD Admin > User Maintenance.
To confirm that your scenario fits with the one mentioned above, please follow these steps:
- Edit the report and check if there is a static filter on a label field type (text string against a language-sensitive label)
- Go to ORD Admin > User Maintenance > Search for the affected user and confirm that the language set there is different from the one used in BizX - KBA on how to access ORD Admin: 2710944 - How to access ORD / WFA admin with Report Center?
The correct approach is to filter on the "code value" of that field (e.g. Employment Type - Internal or External Code).
This does not change when we switch the language in BizX or User Maintenance.
It also protects against someone slightly changing the wording of a label entry, which would also break the filter.
No data available, please change your selection, canvas, ORD, ODS, advanced reporting, offline, online , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem