When updating Job Applications via OData API, more specifically custom fields, the executed updates do not reflect into the UI.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Using OData API, execute a Get on the Application, and notice the values stored on the portlet:
- Access the UI and confirm those same values are there:
- Now, update them both, on the JobApplication entity with a different value:
- Access once again the Job Application page to see the results:
- Notice that only the field Address line 1(ID:address) has been updated.
This is something part of the design of the Job Application Snapshot, once the snapshot has been created, the updates via API to custom fields do not go through, only for standard fields.
This is a product limitation, due to the design of the Job Application Snapshot, the API is not able to update the custom fields.
job, application, update, api, requisition, standard, custom, fields, snapshot, design, limitation, recruiting, more, information, portlet, upsert, odata , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , Problem